top of page
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 3.03.19 PM.png

Mission

In 1990 the Sedalia Katy Depot Heritage Foundation was established and dedicated to the preservation, maintenance, interpretation, promotion and operation of the Sedalia Katy Depot Landmark.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 11.02.05 AM.png

Board Members

  • Kyle Herrick - President

  • Joe Fischer - Vice President

  • Daniel Pilliard - Treasurer

  • Connie Patterson - Secretary

  • Deborah Biermann - Liaison to Sedalia Heritage Foundation & Executive Director

  • Steve Ellebracht - Member

  • Jill White - Site Manager

  • Daniel Brigman - DSP Liaison

  • Chris Cruz - KRHS Liaison

  • L C Melton - Ragtime Archive Liaison

History

The Sedalia Katy Depot was built in 1896 by the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railway.  Designed by noted architect Bradford Gilbert, this landmark was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, assuring its well deserved place in history.  Serving as a train passenger station and division point headquarters until 1958, the building then experienced over forty years of non-use and neglect.  Following a $3 million restoration, the building was rededicated in 2001 and now serves the public as Sedalia's Welcome Center, year-round visitor destination, heritage interpretive center, full-service trailhead to Missouri's Katy Trail, and administrative offices for the Foundation, the Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce.  Various programming is frequently held in order to instill an appreciation for history an understanding of the railroad's influence upon Sedalia's heritage; an awareness of the people who impacted its history; a connection to encourage a love of trains in our youth; and a recognition of historic preservation and its role in saving the Katy Depot as a treasured landmark.

Photo Credits: Mr. Al Letourneau

bottom of page